It has been a frigid winter, but we have finally made it to spring! With the change of weather comes a change in how your plumbing should be handled:
- Check to see if there are any leaks or cracks in the toilets and exposed pipes underneath the sinks. To detect a leak, pour a few drops off food coloring into the toilet. If the water remains the same color after a half an hour, your toilet is probably leaking. If you notice any leaks contact your local plumber to fix it immediately to save water. Go Pro Plumbing & Heating has a 24/7 emergency service for situations like this!
- Clear out any gutters or drains that might have rubbish or leaves that accumulated during the days when it snowed.
- Ensure that the temperature on your water heater does not go above 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure your sump pump still works. If not, call your local plumber to repair it immediately since the spring months are notorious for heavy rain and sump pumps prevent flooding if you have a basement in your home.
- Turn the water valves off and on to make sure they have not gotten stuck in place.
Contact Go Pro Plumbing & Heating to help prepare your home for the spring!