How to conserve water/hot water
To save on your water bill use high-efficient fixtures and tools
- Example: changing to a high-efficient toilet, such as a 1.2 or 1.6 gallon toilet
Water saving devices can be put inside the strainers of your faucets and your shower heads
A water saving device is a washer (with a pinhole) that reduces the amount of water that flows through it but also increases the pressure.
- It does decrease the pressure over all. Good pressure is 60psi. If you do not use a water saving device you are wasting a lot of water.
- There is a decrease in volume but an increase in pressure per volume.
- You can save, depending on the condition of household anywhere between 10% and 45% on your water biRead Morell!
Newer washing machines are more efficient.
- It could be more cost effective to replace a 10 year old or even 5 year old equipment depending on how efficient it is because it could save you a lot on your water bill and the return is a shorter length of time.
Not all equipment needs to be updated!